The research community at ITB is involved collaboratively with research projects with industry, community organisations and different agencies in the locality. Some of these include the National Road Authorities, IBM, Intel, ESB and the Health Service Executive.
As part of ITB's strategic plan 2006-2011 "Making Education Accessible" ITB recognizes that one of its core activities is Research and has established itself as a significant member of the research community within the third level education sector in Ireland since it opened in 1999. The LINC Centre (Learning and Innovation Centre) at ITB is the centre which supports the research activities taking place in the Institute supporting technology transfer activities, applied research links with industry and links to the funding agencies for the research activities in the Institute.
Browse the I.T. Blanchardstown Collections:
- Centre for Applied Social Studies in Social Care
- Centre for Early Childhood Care and Education
- Centre for Modern Languages
- Centre for Social and Community Development
- Avionics Research
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Computational Functional Linguistics
- Computer Science Education
- Graphics and Gaming Research Group
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Localisation for Mobile Phones Games
- Network Security and Digital Forensics Group